With 2014 being the 100th Anniversary of the Hal Roach Studios, we know that we have to have some really special events going on at Laurel and Hardywood 2014 to celebrate the milestone! We’ve already shared information about our special celebrity guests who worked at the studios, locations where our beloved Hal Roach films were created, and our rare and exciting film program featuring pristine prints and rarities that hardly anyone has ever seen before. But how about memorabilia?…We’ve got it…and how!
Our Grand Banquet on Thursday, July 3rd, will take place at the Hollywood Museum located in the former Max Factor building in the heart of Hollywood. In addition to the many amazing permanant and special exhibits at the museum – including a salute to TV legends, a dungeon of doom, special exhibits on Harry Potter, Marilyn Monroe, and Michael Jackson (more information on the museum can be found here: http://thehollywoodmuseum.com/current-exhibits/), there will be an exhibit just for us! … 100 Years of Hal Roach featuring a collection of memorabilia unlike any ever assembled…
Among the many highlights will be:
The Honorary Oscar presented to Hal Roach in 1984
- Harold Lloyd’s make-up kit and a pair of his famous glasses
- A quilt made by Our Gang teacher Fern Carter – signed by the kids throughout her 23 years working with them
- Original costumes from such films at The Bullfighters and Jitterbugs
- Original fezzes worn in Sons of the Desert
- The original plaque that was presented by This Is Your Life that adorned Lake Laurel & Hardy at the Hal Roach Studios
- One of the original miniature wooden soldiers from Babes in Toyland
- Stan Laurel’s personal fedora
- A Hal Roach Studios camera
- Film prop from The Fighting Kentuckian
- Rare Our Gang costumes, photos, and memorabilia
- Al Hirschfeld designed window cards
- Film posters, movie scripts, original photos, sheet music, autographs, personal photos and letters, celebrity owned scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, sheet music, and MORE!!
This will be a major highlight of the convention and has been an incredible undertaking to get this collection assembled in a major Hollywood musuem from generous fans, collectors, and relatives of the celebrities themselves! You won’t want to miss this!